Prototype 126.96.36.199 Cheat Sheet
A long awaited Prototype cheat sheet – a full reference to a bleeding edge 188.8.131.52 is finally here. I had no experience creating something like this before, so any bugs or suggestions are very much appreciated. Couple of notes about notations:
- Modules are sorted in a somewhat logical order – those commonly used are mostly in the left/center area, while deprecated/utility methods are all the way to the right
- Method can be recognized by parentheses following it (anything that doesn’t have ones is a property)
- Deprecated items are marked red and have NO parentheses/arguments specified
- Prototype extends quite few native objects’ prototypes with a set of convenient methods. In such cases there’s an explicit note about it next to a module name – i.g.
stripScripts()method from “String (String.prototype)” can be called as
- When a module is also a class, there’s a “(constructor)” note next to it – i.g. “Hash (constructor)” means that it should be called as
- There are few bonus items (such as those from Prototype.Browser) which are not yet included in documentation
Download (55534 downloads) and Enjoy!
I have managed to choose the most retarded format for the cheat sheet – almost squared – which was impossible to print or navigate. Sincere apologies. There is an updated version at the same address which also fixes few other annoyances:
- Ajax.Responders is now a separate section
- Added missing Event.fire
- Added Prototype.BrowserFeatures.XPath
- Added simple “Dimensions/Offsets” diagram
- Minor rearrangements
Uploaded a Higher Contrast version (8344 downloads)
Seems to look much better when printed.
Did you like this? Donations are welcomecomments powered by Disqus